Mentoring Academic-Research Careers (MARC)
The 2021 enrollment period is open through September 8
The MARC program was developed to address shortages of faculty-researcher personnel holding PhD degrees in communication sciences and disorders (CSD). Through one-on-one mentoring relationships between mentees and mentors, doctor of philosophy (PhD) students, post-doctoral fellows, and junior faculty will expand their network, gain new knowledge and insight, and build new skills.
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your professional network
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- INCREASE understanding
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate workplace challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell