2023 Enrollment Now Open.
ASHA’s Leadership Mentoring Program (LMP) is another program in the Association’s continued efforts to develop a diverse pipeline of future leaders for the professions and ASHA volunteer leadership. Through one-on-one interactions with an experienced mentor, mentees will receive support for their leadership development goals in terms of practical advice and guidance, as well as support in identifying future career or volunteer paths.
Empowering mentee participants is an overarching design philosophy—the program is designed to be mentee-driven to allow mentees to take ownership of their learning.
Why Become a Mentor?
- Provide guidance to those interested in growing their leadership skills
- Share your expertise as a current or past volunteer of ASHA or a state association
- Support those who want to advance their career in the professions.
Why Become a Mentee?
- Expand your leadership skills for either your workplace or volunteer leadership
- Receive one on one guidance that you custom design to support your growth
- Establish your own goals and take ownership of your learning
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell